CLEAR LAKE, Iowa (AP) - Safety concerns about ice at the downtown Seawall in Clear Lake have forced cancellation of the Color the Wind Kite Festival.
Festival founder Larry Day says the ice conditions are "just not safe, and it's going to get worse" before Saturday's scheduled event.
The first Color the Wind festival was held at Clear Lake State Park in February 2002, and the 2009 festival was held at McIntosh Woods State Park. Day says he and his wife, Kay, decided not to move the event again and that it needs to be downtown in front of the Seawall.
Day says he hopes to hold the event next year.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather