CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - The board of directors for the Girls Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois has scheduled a vote on closing and selling all four camps in eastern Iowa.
The board vote is scheduled for March 28. The proposal affects Camp Conestoga in Scott County, Camp Little Cloud in Dubuque County, Camp L-Kee-Ta in Des Moines County and Camp Tahigwa in Allamakee County.
A press release from the Girls Scouts group says the recommendation follows five years of research and increased camp marketing efforts.
The research showed none of the camps met the needs of the girls and that fewer than 10 percent of members used the camps.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients