NORA SPRINGS, Iowa (AP) - A 29-year-old man has been hospitalized after accidentally shooting himself in a foot while hunting deer in northern Iowa.
The Iowa Natural Resources Department says Jeffrey Esser, of rural Mason City, was wounded around 4 p.m. Sunday while hunting in heavy brush southeast of Nora Springs in Floyd County.
The department says Esser's 12-gauge shotgun accidentally fired, hitting him in the right foot. He was taken to North Iowa Mercy Medical Center in Mason City.
The department says that so far this year it has received a total of 11 reports of personal injury hunting-related incidents.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure