AMES, Iowa (AP) -- An Ames man has been hospitalized after falling 25 feet while hiking at Ledges State Park.
The Ames Tribune reports that 19-year-old Hunter Torgerson slipped Wednesday while hiking with friends along Lost Lake Nature Trail and fell to the rocky bank of the Des Moines River below.
Torgerson was flown to Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines. A hospital spokesman says he's listed in stable condition Saturday.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse