AMES, Iowa (AP) -- An Ames man has been hospitalized after falling 25 feet while hiking at Ledges State Park.
The Ames Tribune reports that 19-year-old Hunter Torgerson slipped Wednesday while hiking with friends along Lost Lake Nature Trail and fell to the rocky bank of the Des Moines River below.
Torgerson was flown to Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines. A hospital spokesman says he's listed in stable condition Saturday.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death