CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - An eastern Iowa gun business and its owner have been punished for illegally structuring business transactions in order to avoid federal financial reporting requirements.
Federal prosecutors say Michael Gabriel LLC, of Williamsburg, on Wednesday was given a year of probation, fined $20,000, and ordered to forfeit nearly $375,000.
Michael Gabriel, acting on behalf of Michael Gabriel LLC, admitted in a plea agreement that company personnel structured the transactions so no bank deposits over $10,000 were made between January 2007 and September 2010. Deposits in excess of $10,000 must be reported to federal authorities.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks