DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Gov. Terry Branstad will honor the Harlem Globetrotters at the Iowa Capitol.
Branstad is scheduled to sign a proclamation Monday declaring April 1 to be Harlem Globetrotters Day. At least one member of the exhibition basketball team will be in attendance.
The Globetrotters are scheduled to appear in Des Moines at the Wells Fargo Arena on April 7. The sporty entertainers are known as the "Clown Princes of Basketball."
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership