DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Gov. Terry Branstad will honor the Harlem Globetrotters at the Iowa Capitol.
Branstad is scheduled to sign a proclamation Monday declaring April 1 to be Harlem Globetrotters Day. At least one member of the exhibition basketball team will be in attendance.
The Globetrotters are scheduled to appear in Des Moines at the Wells Fargo Arena on April 7. The sporty entertainers are known as the "Clown Princes of Basketball."
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse