JEFFERSON, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say several firefighters have been treated for minor injuries suffered while fighting a restaurant blaze in central Iowa.
Des Moines television station KCCI reports the fire was reported early Sunday morning in Jefferson, which sits about 50 miles northwest of Des Moines.
Jefferson Fire Chief Randy Love says the flames had spread throughout the inside of Larry's Restaurant and Lounge by the time firefighters arrived. Crews from five fire departments were called in to battle the blaze.
The building is considered a total loss. The fire cause is being investigated.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.