JEFFERSON, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say several firefighters have been treated for minor injuries suffered while fighting a restaurant blaze in central Iowa.
Des Moines television station KCCI reports the fire was reported early Sunday morning in Jefferson, which sits about 50 miles northwest of Des Moines.
Jefferson Fire Chief Randy Love says the flames had spread throughout the inside of Larry's Restaurant and Lounge by the time firefighters arrived. Crews from five fire departments were called in to battle the blaze.
The building is considered a total loss. The fire cause is being investigated.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers