MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - Iowa officials are asking ice fishing anglers on the Mississippi River in northeast Iowa to park away from snow removal operations.
The state Department of Transportation says vehicles often parked by ice fishing anglers on the shoulder of Iowa 26 north of Lansing are hindering snowplows from clearing banks of snow. They say this can cause unsafe driving conditions for anglers leaving their fishing spots and other drivers.
Iowa DOT officials and the Iowa State Patrol say anglers should use designated parking areas along Iowa 26.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests