MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - Iowa officials are asking ice fishing anglers on the Mississippi River in northeast Iowa to park away from snow removal operations.
The state Department of Transportation says vehicles often parked by ice fishing anglers on the shoulder of Iowa 26 north of Lansing are hindering snowplows from clearing banks of snow. They say this can cause unsafe driving conditions for anglers leaving their fishing spots and other drivers.
Iowa DOT officials and the Iowa State Patrol say anglers should use designated parking areas along Iowa 26.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers