CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A Cedar Rapids doctor already charged with indecent contact with a child now faces action by state regulators.
The Gazette reports that the Iowa Board of Medicine has filed disciplinary charges against Dr. Thomas Warren. The board says the criminal allegation against Warren shows he has violated Iowa rules governing the practice of medicine.
Warren has pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor. His criminal trial is scheduled to begin March 5.
Police say a 14-year-old girl reported last March that Warren had touched one of her breasts and tried to remove her tank top when she was trying to sleep while a guest at his Iowa City home. Warren told investigators that he was adjusting her blankets and that it was the first time he'd ever tucked her in.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks