CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A Cedar Rapids doctor already charged with indecent contact with a child now faces action by state regulators.
The Gazette reports that the Iowa Board of Medicine has filed disciplinary charges against Dr. Thomas Warren. The board says the criminal allegation against Warren shows he has violated Iowa rules governing the practice of medicine.
Warren has pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor. His criminal trial is scheduled to begin March 5.
Police say a 14-year-old girl reported last March that Warren had touched one of her breasts and tried to remove her tank top when she was trying to sleep while a guest at his Iowa City home. Warren told investigators that he was adjusting her blankets and that it was the first time he'd ever tucked her in.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.