GLENWOOD, Iowa (AP) - A 31-year-old sheriff's deputy has been injured in a crash that followed his cruiser's collision with a deer in western Iowa.
The Mills County Sheriff's Office says Deputy Joshua England suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the accident early Saturday morning.
England, of Glenwood, was on his way to help deputies with a pursuit in neighboring Pottawattamie County when his cruiser struck a deer a little after 12:10 a.m. The Iowa State Patrol says the cruiser went out of control and ran off the road.
England was taken to a hospital.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure