GLENWOOD, Iowa (AP) - A 31-year-old sheriff's deputy has been injured in a crash that followed his cruiser's collision with a deer in western Iowa.
The Mills County Sheriff's Office says Deputy Joshua England suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the accident early Saturday morning.
England, of Glenwood, was on his way to help deputies with a pursuit in neighboring Pottawattamie County when his cruiser struck a deer a little after 12:10 a.m. The Iowa State Patrol says the cruiser went out of control and ran off the road.
England was taken to a hospital.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families