DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- A Des Moines man accused of sexually abusing three of his nine children has been captured in Chicago.
The U.S. Marshals Service says the 36-year-old man was taken into custody Thursday morning at an apartment complex where authorities believed his mother lives.
Officials searched an apartment and learned the man fled out a back door. Officers found him hiding under a stairwell.
The man faces eight counts of sexual abuse. His wife, who was arrested in Des Moines on Monday, faces three counts of neglect.
A nationwide hunt for the man ranged as far away as Salt Lake City, where his van was found last week at a bus station.
The Associated Press is not using the couple's names to protect the privacy of the children.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.