SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) -- A federal grand jury has indicted a northwest Iowa couple on bank robbery, conspiracy and firearm charges.
The Sioux City Journal says 47-year-old Jeffrey Schoon and 40-year-old Roxena Schoon are accused of robbing four banks.
Jeffrey Schoon pleaded not guilty Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Sioux City. Roxena Schoon is scheduled to be arraigned July 12.
The indictment alleges that the Wall Lake, Iowa couple robbed Iowa State Bank in Odebolt on Dec. 29, Citizens First National Bank in Early on Jan. 11, Westside State Bank in Vail on Jan. 28 and Heritage Bank in Lytton on March 23. A total of nearly $33,000 was stolen.
The indictment says Jeffrey Schoon robbed the bank, and his wife drove the getaway car.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.