SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) -- A federal grand jury has indicted a northwest Iowa couple on bank robbery, conspiracy and firearm charges.
The Sioux City Journal says 47-year-old Jeffrey Schoon and 40-year-old Roxena Schoon are accused of robbing four banks.
Jeffrey Schoon pleaded not guilty Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Sioux City. Roxena Schoon is scheduled to be arraigned July 12.
The indictment alleges that the Wall Lake, Iowa couple robbed Iowa State Bank in Odebolt on Dec. 29, Citizens First National Bank in Early on Jan. 11, Westside State Bank in Vail on Jan. 28 and Heritage Bank in Lytton on March 23. A total of nearly $33,000 was stolen.
The indictment says Jeffrey Schoon robbed the bank, and his wife drove the getaway car.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists