CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A Cedar Rapids couple face drug and child endangerment charges after a police officer said he caught a man preparing to snort crushed pain pills while in a car with two children.
The Gazette of Cedar Rapids says an eastern Iowa police officer reported seeing the 45-year-old man using a razor blade to cut a white powder and pull it in to lines on a CD case while two small children in the back seat leaned over to watch. The officer says when he told the man to stop, the man dumped the powder between the seats.
A 31-year-old woman who had a legal prescription for pills said her boyfriend was cutting a pill for her to snort, but the boyfriend told police they both planned to snort it.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity