CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A Cedar Rapids couple face drug and child endangerment charges after a police officer said he caught a man preparing to snort crushed pain pills while in a car with two children.
The Gazette of Cedar Rapids says an eastern Iowa police officer reported seeing the 45-year-old man using a razor blade to cut a white powder and pull it in to lines on a CD case while two small children in the back seat leaned over to watch. The officer says when he told the man to stop, the man dumped the powder between the seats.
A 31-year-old woman who had a legal prescription for pills said her boyfriend was cutting a pill for her to snort, but the boyfriend told police they both planned to snort it.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death