MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) -- The Cerro Gordo County Department of Public Health says its new mascot has been given a name: Howie Staywell.
It comes from two suggestions submitted by members of the public.
A Health department spokeswoman told the Mason City Globe Gazette that the suggestions were combined "to create a name that is fun but also represents the vision and mission of the Health Department."
The mascot is a gray owl. It was created to help put children at ease when getting flu shots.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse