HANLONTOWN, Iowa (AP) - A city councilman in northern Iowa who was convicted of domestic abuse was given 30 days in jail and a year of probation
The Mason City Globe Gazette reports that 38-year-old Jacob Jackson, of Hanlontown, had pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count. A $315 fine was suspended.
Jackson was arrested on April 1 after a Worth County sheriff's deputy responded to a call at Jackson's home.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks