HANLONTOWN, Iowa (AP) - A city councilman in northern Iowa who was convicted of domestic abuse was given 30 days in jail and a year of probation
The Mason City Globe Gazette reports that 38-year-old Jacob Jackson, of Hanlontown, had pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count. A $315 fine was suspended.
Jackson was arrested on April 1 after a Worth County sheriff's deputy responded to a call at Jackson's home.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death