EVANSDALE, Iowa (AP) - Evansdale has filed a second appeal to reopen its post office.
The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier says the appeal was filed Dec. 21 with the Postal Regulatory Commission. It's unclear when the commission might rule.
The U.S. Postal Service closed the Evansdale branch on Oct. 21, 2011.
The cash-strapped Postal Service says closing the Evansdale branch would save money, but records show revenue far exceeded expenses that included lease payments and a full-time clerk.
Postal Service spokesman Richard Watkins says the closure decision was based on usage as well.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016