IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - Internal documents suggest that a University of Iowa athletics official who resigned this week was accused of trading football tickets and money for sexual favors and inappropriately touching students.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen obtained documents from an internal investigation by the university's human resources and employment offices.
The investigation determined that Peter Gray had a history of inappropriate behavior during two stints at the athletics department. The documents allege that Gray made sexual comments during a presentation to recruits and their parents, and touched a student's genitals.
One student told investigators Gray exchanged money and football tickets for sex with someone unaffiliated with the university.
The documents were posted on the newspaper's website Friday night.
Athletics Department spokesman Steve Roe declined comment. Gray doesn't have a listed phone number.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US