MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - Calls are pouring into the Humane Society of North Iowa with offers to adopt an abandoned and starved dog that ate her own tail.
The Mason City Globe Gazette reports calls to take Goldie home have come from as far away as Australia. Humane Society officials also say many people have donated money on behalf of the golden retriever.
Applications for adoption are being accepted through Friday. Officials will then make a decision on a new owner.
The newspaper reports Goldie was badly abused when she was discovered at an apartment in Forest City. Officials say she had been abandoned without food for three weeks.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building