MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - Calls are pouring into the Humane Society of North Iowa with offers to adopt an abandoned and starved dog that ate her own tail.
The Mason City Globe Gazette reports calls to take Goldie home have come from as far away as Australia. Humane Society officials also say many people have donated money on behalf of the golden retriever.
Applications for adoption are being accepted through Friday. Officials will then make a decision on a new owner.
The newspaper reports Goldie was badly abused when she was discovered at an apartment in Forest City. Officials say she had been abandoned without food for three weeks.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser