MONROE COUNTY, Iowa (AP) - Iowa officials are trying to determine how a Mississippi man was shot and wounded by a fellow deer hunter.
The state Department of Natural Resources says 48-year-old Clint Morgan, of Saucier, Miss., was wounded around noon Sunday.
Saucier was struck in the elbow by a slug fired by another member of his seven-member hunting party.
Saucier was taken to a Des Moines hospital for treatment.
The incident happened in Monroe County, southwest of Blakesburg.
Officials say fog was not a factor in this case. That's different than an earlier hunting accident near Indianola where 58-year-old Miles Sagen was wounded by a fellow hunter.
Both hunting incidents remain under investigation.
- Local event helps connect military families
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Area couples prepare for wedding season