MONROE COUNTY, Iowa (AP) - Iowa officials are trying to determine how a Mississippi man was shot and wounded by a fellow deer hunter.
The state Department of Natural Resources says 48-year-old Clint Morgan, of Saucier, Miss., was wounded around noon Sunday.
Saucier was struck in the elbow by a slug fired by another member of his seven-member hunting party.
Saucier was taken to a Des Moines hospital for treatment.
The incident happened in Monroe County, southwest of Blakesburg.
Officials say fog was not a factor in this case. That's different than an earlier hunting accident near Indianola where 58-year-old Miles Sagen was wounded by a fellow hunter.
Both hunting incidents remain under investigation.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers