IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - A hazardous response team has been called to the University of Iowa to investigate a suspicious white powder found in an envelope.
Iowa City Battalion Chief Brian Greer says a mail room area at Mayflower Residence Hall was cordoned off Monday after authorities received a report about the powdery substance. A postal inspector is bringing additional materials to inspect it.
The Johnson County Hazardous Materials Response Team has been brought in, as well as the Iowa City Fire Department.
Greer says additional information is not immediately available.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners