IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - A hazardous response team has been called to the University of Iowa to investigate a suspicious white powder found in an envelope.
Iowa City Battalion Chief Brian Greer says a mail room area at Mayflower Residence Hall was cordoned off Monday after authorities received a report about the powdery substance. A postal inspector is bringing additional materials to inspect it.
The Johnson County Hazardous Materials Response Team has been brought in, as well as the Iowa City Fire Department.
Greer says additional information is not immediately available.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks