CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A man working on a natural gas line outside a Cedar Rapids home has been injured in an explosion.
The Gazette says the accident was reported a little after 11:15 a.m. Thursday in southeast Cedar Rapids.
One of the home's owners, Dawn Stephens, reported that she'd heard an explosion outside and then heard the man calling for help.
He was identified as 41-year-old Howard Russell. He was taken to a hospital for treatment of burns on his hands.
Authorities say Russell works for Q3 Contracting, of Des Moines. The company is relocating gas mains in the neighborhood.
Stephens and her three dogs were not injured. The flames damaged siding on the back of the house but didn't get inside.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death