ROCKWELL CITY, Iowa (AP) - The funeral service has been set for a Rockwell City police officer shot and killed last week.
The Des Moines Register reports that the funeral service for 37-year-old Jamie Buenting will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday in the gym at South Central Calhoun Middle School in Rockwell City.
Buenting, a married father of two, was shot during a standoff early Friday in Rockwell City. Police arrested 32-year-old Corey Trott and charged him with first-degree murder in Buenting's death.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at the Palmer and Swank Funeral Home in Rockwell City. Donations may be left with First Community Bank in Rockwell City in lieu of flowers.
Burial at Rosehill Cemetery in Rockwell City will follow the funeral service.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks