ROCKWELL CITY, Iowa (AP) - The funeral service has been set for a Rockwell City police officer shot and killed last week.
The Des Moines Register reports that the funeral service for 37-year-old Jamie Buenting will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday in the gym at South Central Calhoun Middle School in Rockwell City.
Buenting, a married father of two, was shot during a standoff early Friday in Rockwell City. Police arrested 32-year-old Corey Trott and charged him with first-degree murder in Buenting's death.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at the Palmer and Swank Funeral Home in Rockwell City. Donations may be left with First Community Bank in Rockwell City in lieu of flowers.
Burial at Rosehill Cemetery in Rockwell City will follow the funeral service.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration