GRIMES, Iowa (AP) - Friends recreated the prom for an Iowa girl who is battling rare illnesses, so she could experience the event.
KCCI reports that dozens of Grimes residents came together to stage a prom for Danna Rains, who missed her dance.
Friends and strangers came together to make prom happen for Rains on Saturday. A dress and limousine were donated.
Rains has a rare disease that depletes her energy and makes it hard to do everything a normal teen does.
Rains' mother Carla Britton says prom was something her daughter wanted to do.
Dallas Center Grimes High School student Dana Lillig says bringing prom to Rains seemed like a great idea since she didn't make it to the prom.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting