GRIMES, Iowa (AP) - Friends recreated the prom for an Iowa girl who is battling rare illnesses, so she could experience the event.
KCCI reports that dozens of Grimes residents came together to stage a prom for Danna Rains, who missed her dance.
Friends and strangers came together to make prom happen for Rains on Saturday. A dress and limousine were donated.
Rains has a rare disease that depletes her energy and makes it hard to do everything a normal teen does.
Rains' mother Carla Britton says prom was something her daughter wanted to do.
Dallas Center Grimes High School student Dana Lillig says bringing prom to Rains seemed like a great idea since she didn't make it to the prom.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration