MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - A former northern Iowa police officer has been accused of drunken driving.
The Mason City Globe Gazette reports that 43-year-old James Gray Jr., of Nora Springs, was arrested on Sunday. He was charged with operating under the influence and with having an open container of alcohol in his vehicle.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Office says Gray was arrested about 5 p.m. Sunday.
Gray already faces a charge of child endangerment in connection with a Jan. 24 incident. He's pleaded not guilty.
A public phone listing for Gray couldn't be found. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
City records say he has left the Nora Springs force.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants
- Minnesota residents help homeless man
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm