MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - A former northern Iowa police officer has been accused of drunken driving.
The Mason City Globe Gazette reports that 43-year-old James Gray Jr., of Nora Springs, was arrested on Sunday. He was charged with operating under the influence and with having an open container of alcohol in his vehicle.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff's Office says Gray was arrested about 5 p.m. Sunday.
Gray already faces a charge of child endangerment in connection with a Jan. 24 incident. He's pleaded not guilty.
A public phone listing for Gray couldn't be found. Online court records don't list the name of his attorney.
City records say he has left the Nora Springs force.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge