DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Sen. Tom Harkin has recommended that the White House nominate Kevin Techau for U.S. attorney of the Northern District of Iowa.
If nominated and confirmed, Techau would replace Stephanie Rose. She was confirmed last year as a U.S. district judge.
The Gazette says that since 2007, Techau, of Des Moines, has been associate general counsel at the American Equity Investment Life Insurance Co. From 2002 to 2007 he was commissioner of the Iowa Department of Public Safety and from 1999 to 2002 he was director of the Department of Inspections and Appeal.
Techau served as an assistant federal public defender from 1996 to 1999.
He is a graduate of Marion High School, the University of Iowa College of Business and the University of Iowa College of Law.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners
- Representative Kind outlines goals for congressional session
- Debate over medical marijuana continues in Wisconsin
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers