DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Sen. Tom Harkin has recommended that the White House nominate Kevin Techau for U.S. attorney of the Northern District of Iowa.
If nominated and confirmed, Techau would replace Stephanie Rose. She was confirmed last year as a U.S. district judge.
The Gazette says that since 2007, Techau, of Des Moines, has been associate general counsel at the American Equity Investment Life Insurance Co. From 2002 to 2007 he was commissioner of the Iowa Department of Public Safety and from 1999 to 2002 he was director of the Department of Inspections and Appeal.
Techau served as an assistant federal public defender from 1996 to 1999.
He is a graduate of Marion High School, the University of Iowa College of Business and the University of Iowa College of Law.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks