BONDURANT, Iowa (AP) - A high school girls basketball coach has resigned, charged with sexual exploitation by a school employee.
Authorities say 30-year-old Melissa Eshelman, of Bondurant, was arrested Thursday and released later in the day.
Police County sheriff's Sgt. Jana Rooker says Eshelman resigned from Bondurant-Farrar High School last week.
Rooker says school officials reported the situation to the sheriff's office last week. School officials and Rooker declined to specify what incidents or behavior led to the accusations against Eshelman.
A phone listed for Eshelman was answered by a woman who said the number was that of a company and that no one by the name of Eshelman was there. Online court records don't list the name of Eshelman's attorney.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather