DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A former aide to Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann has filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission, claiming the one-time presidential challenger made improper payments to an Iowa state senator.
Peter Waldron says in a letter received Friday by the FEC that Bachmann paid Sen. Kent Sorenson thousands of dollars a month, including through a PAC associated with the congresswoman. Sorenson, a Republican from Milo, once served as the Iowa state chairman for Bachmann's presidential campaign.
Waldron's letter also claims the campaign violated FEC rules involving other illegal payments and extortion.
A Bachmann spokesman and Sorenson deny the allegations.
Waldron was Bachmann's national field coordinator from July 2011 to January 2012.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers