FOREST CITY, Iowa (AP) -- A Forest City police officer who was shot during a scuffle with state agents has been booked into the Cerro Gordo County jail in Mason City on arson and burglary charges.
The Globe Gazette in Mason City reports 34-year-old Thaddeus Ellenbecker was being held on Monday on $20,000 bond for Winnebago County. Ellenbecker was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries after being shot Oct. 20 by an agent with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.
Two DCI agents went to his home that night after interviewing him earlier at the Winnebago County sheriff's office about an Oct. 1 fire at the Forest City police department.
Ellenbecker was charged on Friday with second-degree arson and second-degree burglary. His case is on the online court system, but no attorney is listed.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building