FOREST CITY, Iowa (AP) -- A Forest City police officer who was shot during a scuffle with state agents has been booked into the Cerro Gordo County jail in Mason City on arson and burglary charges.
The Globe Gazette in Mason City reports 34-year-old Thaddeus Ellenbecker was being held on Monday on $20,000 bond for Winnebago County. Ellenbecker was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries after being shot Oct. 20 by an agent with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.
Two DCI agents went to his home that night after interviewing him earlier at the Winnebago County sheriff's office about an Oct. 1 fire at the Forest City police department.
Ellenbecker was charged on Friday with second-degree arson and second-degree burglary. His case is on the online court system, but no attorney is listed.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families