FOREST CITY, Iowa (AP) -- A Forest City police officer who was shot during a scuffle with state agents has pleaded not guilty to arson and burglary charges.
Thaddeus Ellenbecker is charged in a fire that damaged the Forest City police station on Oct. 1 and in the November 2010 theft of a rifle from a police car. He was shot on Oct. 20 by an agent with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation who was investigating the crimes.
The Globe Gazette in Mason City reports Ellenbecker pleaded not guilty on Tuesday in Winnebago County District Court. His attorney asked the judge to reduce Ellenbecker's 20,000 cash bond. The judge did not rule immediately on the request.
Ellenbecker's trial is set for Jan. 11.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest