DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A Florida National Guard pilot who put on a noisy aerial display over western Des Moines has flown back home.
Des Moines television station KCCI says the F-15 fighter jet flew fast and low over the suburbs around 10 a.m. Tuesday.
Witness Willie Knolmayer says "it felt like it was right on top of me" and Bree Spradling told the station that "for a minute, I thought it was going to crash."
Lt. Col. James Evans, of the Florida Air National Guard, said the pilot admitted to flying low.
The pilot was ferrying the plane from Jacksonville, Fla., to Sioux City for a paint job. He returned to Florida on commercial flights.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure