DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) - Flooding along the Mississippi River has closed a popular Dubuque park and campground for the Memorial Day weekend.
Waterloo television station KWWL reports that city officials have decided to keep Miller-Riverview Park and Campground closed.
On Tuesday, frequent camper Dick Lang came to survey the damage and see if the park had re-opened. He and his family have a long history of spending most summer weekends camping at the park.
Miller-Riverview's campground is so popular, the city holds a lottery system for reservations for both Memorial Day weekend and the Fourth of July holiday. This spring, however, those people lucky enough to snag a camping spot for the Memorial Day weekend will now be getting nothing but a refund.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks