DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) - Flooding along the Mississippi River has closed a popular Dubuque park and campground for the Memorial Day weekend.
Waterloo television station KWWL reports that city officials have decided to keep Miller-Riverview Park and Campground closed.
On Tuesday, frequent camper Dick Lang came to survey the damage and see if the park had re-opened. He and his family have a long history of spending most summer weekends camping at the park.
Miller-Riverview's campground is so popular, the city holds a lottery system for reservations for both Memorial Day weekend and the Fourth of July holiday. This spring, however, those people lucky enough to snag a camping spot for the Memorial Day weekend will now be getting nothing but a refund.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners