GALVA, Iowa (AP) - Firefighters have put out a fire that followed a small explosion reported at a plant near Galva in northwest Iowa.
The incident occurred at the American Natural Soy plant a little before 5 p.m. Wednesday. No injuries were reported.
Galva Fire Chief Randy Vogt says the firefighters quickly extinguished the flames but spent about two hours on the scene.
The cause is being investigated.
The plant sits about three miles south of Galva, in Ida County.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests