GALVA, Iowa (AP) - Firefighters have put out a fire that followed a small explosion reported at a plant near Galva in northwest Iowa.
The incident occurred at the American Natural Soy plant a little before 5 p.m. Wednesday. No injuries were reported.
Galva Fire Chief Randy Vogt says the firefighters quickly extinguished the flames but spent about two hours on the scene.
The cause is being investigated.
The plant sits about three miles south of Galva, in Ida County.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student