CLEGHORN, Iowa (AP) -- A fire has caused significant damage to a farm equipment plant in the northwest Iowa town of Cleghorn.
According to KTIV-TV, the fire broke out early Tuesday morning at Wetherell Manufacturing, which makes hydraulic cylinders and sprayers for farm equipment.
No injuries have been reported but the fire did considerable damage to a warehouse and knocked out power to the plant.
The company plans to be back in operation Wednesday.
Officials say the fire apparently was started by a welder's torch Monday night. They say a spark smoldered in some insulation before catching fire around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership