CLEGHORN, Iowa (AP) -- A fire has caused significant damage to a farm equipment plant in the northwest Iowa town of Cleghorn.
According to KTIV-TV, the fire broke out early Tuesday morning at Wetherell Manufacturing, which makes hydraulic cylinders and sprayers for farm equipment.
No injuries have been reported but the fire did considerable damage to a warehouse and knocked out power to the plant.
The company plans to be back in operation Wednesday.
Officials say the fire apparently was started by a welder's torch Monday night. They say a spark smoldered in some insulation before catching fire around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016