DYERSVILLE, Iowa (AP) -- The Dyersville City Council has approved the annexation of the cornfields and baseball field featured in the "Field of Dreams" movie.
KCRG television reports that the annexation was necessary so that the land can now be rezoned commercial to allow for future development.
A company called Go the Distance Baseball wants to build The All-Star Ballpark Heaven. It would be a $38 million complex with 24 baseball and softball diamonds on the Field of Dreams property.
The annexation passed by a 4-to-1 vote Monday. It includes five different property owners, one of which is the Field of Dreams. An attorney representing a group of Dyersville citizens concerned about the project requested a referendum and petitioned the city to hold an election for the annexation plans.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather