DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A sex offender sought for registering a false Chicago address with Illinois authorities has been located and arrested in Des Moines.
Glennell Blake is expected to make an initial appearance Tuesday on a federal charge of failing to register as a sex offender.
A complaint signed by the U.S. Marshals Service says the 49-year-old was released from parole in Illinois last year stemming from a 1995 case in which he raped a mentally handicapped 13-year-old girl.
The complaint says Chicago police issued an "investigative alert" for Blake's arrest last month after learning he never lived at the address he gave for the Illinois sex offender registry. Investigators found Blake living at an apartment with a woman in Des Moines, where he had failed to register with Iowa's sex offender database.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines