DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A sex offender sought for registering a false Chicago address with Illinois authorities has been located and arrested in Des Moines.
Glennell Blake is expected to make an initial appearance Tuesday on a federal charge of failing to register as a sex offender.
A complaint signed by the U.S. Marshals Service says the 49-year-old was released from parole in Illinois last year stemming from a 1995 case in which he raped a mentally handicapped 13-year-old girl.
The complaint says Chicago police issued an "investigative alert" for Blake's arrest last month after learning he never lived at the address he gave for the Illinois sex offender registry. Investigators found Blake living at an apartment with a woman in Des Moines, where he had failed to register with Iowa's sex offender database.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case