DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) - A Dubuque man faces charges after doctors treat a 2-year-old child for severe burns and head trauma.
Waterloo television station KWWL reports that police were called to Finley Hospital in Dubuque on Friday night after the toddler was brought in with severe burns.
Doctors also found the child had suffered a head injury. The toddler was flown to an Iowa City hospital and is reported to be in critical condition following surgery.
An investigation led officers to arrest a 34-year-old Dubuque man on suspicion of child neglect.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death