IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - Felony misconduct charges have been dropped, but a longtime Iowa narcotics investigator isn't cleared yet.
Division of Narcotics Enforcement Director Steve DeJoode said Thursday that agent Jonathan Borg remains under internal investigation. The review should be completed in the next few weeks.
DeJoode says Borg returned to work in an administrative job after prosecutors dismissed their case against him last month.
Borg was charged in May with falsifying the signature of a judge on search warrant document related to a drug investigation. Through his attorney, he denied wrongdoing.
Polk County jurors deadlocked on Borg's guilt on Oct. 31, and a judge declared a mistrial. Rather than retry the case, prosecutors dismissed it.
DeJoode says the administrative review of Borg is focused on the policies and expectations of the department.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion