IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) - Felony misconduct charges have been dropped, but a longtime Iowa narcotics investigator isn't cleared yet.
Division of Narcotics Enforcement Director Steve DeJoode said Thursday that agent Jonathan Borg remains under internal investigation. The review should be completed in the next few weeks.
DeJoode says Borg returned to work in an administrative job after prosecutors dismissed their case against him last month.
Borg was charged in May with falsifying the signature of a judge on search warrant document related to a drug investigation. Through his attorney, he denied wrongdoing.
Polk County jurors deadlocked on Borg's guilt on Oct. 31, and a judge declared a mistrial. Rather than retry the case, prosecutors dismissed it.
DeJoode says the administrative review of Borg is focused on the policies and expectations of the department.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline