WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A family dog has been credited with awakening her owner to a fire that damaged their Waterloo apartment.
Krista Kipper told the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier that the dog is a year-old pit bull mix named Baby. Kipper says she awoke about 5 a.m. Tuesday to the sound of Baby running around the upper-level apartment. Kipper says the room was filled with smoke, so she awakened her roommate.
Flames could be seen on a living room wall, so Kipper went downstairs to her mother's apartment and warned her.
No injuries have been reported. Waterloo fire Battalion Chief Marty Freshwater says firefighters got the dog out of the apartment.
The fire cause is being investigated.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore