WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - A family dog has been credited with awakening her owner to a fire that damaged their Waterloo apartment.
Krista Kipper told the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier that the dog is a year-old pit bull mix named Baby. Kipper says she awoke about 5 a.m. Tuesday to the sound of Baby running around the upper-level apartment. Kipper says the room was filled with smoke, so she awakened her roommate.
Flames could be seen on a living room wall, so Kipper went downstairs to her mother's apartment and warned her.
No injuries have been reported. Waterloo fire Battalion Chief Marty Freshwater says firefighters got the dog out of the apartment.
The fire cause is being investigated.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks