DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Authorities are investigating the death of a man whose body was found in the backyard of a house in central Des Moines.
Officers were sent to the area a little before 6 p.m. Thursday. Neighbors report that the man had been seen in the yard earlier Thursday and appeared to be drunk of sleeping. Other neighbors report seeing blood and a knife near the man.
Police haven't released the man's name and the suspected cause of his death. The case is being investigated as a homicide.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday