MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - Democrats have retained the Iowa House District 52 seat in a special election.
Assistant Floyd County Attorney Todd Prichard beat Republican Dennis Litterer and independent Craig Clark in Tuesday's election. The unofficial totals were 54.6 percent for Prichard, 43.7 percent for Litterer and 1.5 percent for Clark.
The district is composed of all of Floyd and Chickasaw counties and part of western Cerro Gordo County.
Prichard replaces Brian Quirk, of New Hampton. The incumbent Democrat won re-election in November but resigned in December because of a new job.
With Prichard's election, the party balance in the House remains 53 Republicans and 47 Democrats.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather