MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - Democrats have retained the Iowa House District 52 seat in a special election.
Assistant Floyd County Attorney Todd Prichard beat Republican Dennis Litterer and independent Craig Clark in Tuesday's election. The unofficial totals were 54.6 percent for Prichard, 43.7 percent for Litterer and 1.5 percent for Clark.
The district is composed of all of Floyd and Chickasaw counties and part of western Cerro Gordo County.
Prichard replaces Brian Quirk, of New Hampton. The incumbent Democrat won re-election in November but resigned in December because of a new job.
With Prichard's election, the party balance in the House remains 53 Republicans and 47 Democrats.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.