The first eaglet born to the Decorah Eagles in 2012 was found dead Sunday morning.
The Raptor Resource Project announced on Facebook Tuesday that D12 was found electrocuted at the base of a power pole.
The power company modified that pole and others in the area on Sunday and Monday to make them raptor safe.
VIDEO: D12 Arrives
The Decorah Eagles hatched three eaglets, D12-D14, in 2012.
The Raptor Resource Project is a non-profit organization that specializes in the preservation of falcons, eagles, ospreys, hawks, and owls.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student