The first eaglet born to the Decorah Eagles in 2012 was found dead Sunday morning.
The Raptor Resource Project announced on Facebook Tuesday that D12 was found electrocuted at the base of a power pole.
The power company modified that pole and others in the area on Sunday and Monday to make them raptor safe.
VIDEO: D12 Arrives
The Decorah Eagles hatched three eaglets, D12-D14, in 2012.
The Raptor Resource Project is a non-profit organization that specializes in the preservation of falcons, eagles, ospreys, hawks, and owls.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families