DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - A Davenport man is in jail, accused of holding a knife to his mother's throat and menacing firefighters.
The Quad-City Times says 30-year-old Roger Golden was arrested after incidents at the home he shares with his mother.
Authorities say police and four firefighters were sent to the home on an emergency call. The firefighters say Golden lunged at them with a knife, but none was injured. An arrest affidavit says Golden grabbed his mother and held the knife to her throat, but she wasn't injured. The affidavit says Golden menaced his girlfriend with the knife, too.
The affidavit also says Golden kicked a Davenport officer and tried to bite him.
Scott County Jail records say Golden remained in custody Friday. Court records don't list an attorney for him.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest