DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - A Davenport man is in jail, accused of holding a knife to his mother's throat and menacing firefighters.
The Quad-City Times says 30-year-old Roger Golden was arrested after incidents at the home he shares with his mother.
Authorities say police and four firefighters were sent to the home on an emergency call. The firefighters say Golden lunged at them with a knife, but none was injured. An arrest affidavit says Golden grabbed his mother and held the knife to her throat, but she wasn't injured. The affidavit says Golden menaced his girlfriend with the knife, too.
The affidavit also says Golden kicked a Davenport officer and tried to bite him.
Scott County Jail records say Golden remained in custody Friday. Court records don't list an attorney for him.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse