DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - Court records say a Davenport man doused his wife and himself with gasoline before setting the couple on fire earlier this month.
The Quad-City Times reports Scott County court records released this week show Lyn Kuan told a relative that her husband, Tom Kuan, doused gasoline on both of them before a Dec. 5 fire at their home. The couple survived and is being treated at an Iowa City hospital for severe burns.
The newspaper reports arson investigators say the fire was intentionally set after they found a gas can in an upstairs bedroom. They also observed a pour-type burn pattern in the room.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?