DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - Court records say a Davenport man doused his wife and himself with gasoline before setting the couple on fire earlier this month.
The Quad-City Times reports Scott County court records released this week show Lyn Kuan told a relative that her husband, Tom Kuan, doused gasoline on both of them before a Dec. 5 fire at their home. The couple survived and is being treated at an Iowa City hospital for severe burns.
The newspaper reports arson investigators say the fire was intentionally set after they found a gas can in an upstairs bedroom. They also observed a pour-type burn pattern in the room.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting