DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - Closing arguments are scheduled Wednesday at the third trial of an Iowa man charged with killing his pregnant wife.
Prosecutors with the Iowa Attorney General's Office will seek to convince jurors that Seth Techel killed Lisa Techel in May 2012, and has lied about what happened ever since.
They say that he shot her while she was sleeping in their trailer home in Agency, Iowa, and then waited several minutes before dialing 911.
Seth Techel says he was in the shower when he heard a gunshot and found his wife dead in their bed. His lawyers say investigators botched the case and didn't look at other suspects.
Both sides failed to win over all 12 jurors at two previous trials, which ended in mistrials due to hung juries.
- Attorney general announces deal on drug overdose treatment
- Viterbo students spend one night homeless
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix
- City planners asking for more input on Highway 53 corridor plan
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant