DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - Closing arguments are scheduled Wednesday at the third trial of an Iowa man charged with killing his pregnant wife.
Prosecutors with the Iowa Attorney General's Office will seek to convince jurors that Seth Techel killed Lisa Techel in May 2012, and has lied about what happened ever since.
They say that he shot her while she was sleeping in their trailer home in Agency, Iowa, and then waited several minutes before dialing 911.
Seth Techel says he was in the shower when he heard a gunshot and found his wife dead in their bed. His lawyers say investigators botched the case and didn't look at other suspects.
Both sides failed to win over all 12 jurors at two previous trials, which ended in mistrials due to hung juries.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota