DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - Closing arguments are scheduled Wednesday at the third trial of an Iowa man charged with killing his pregnant wife.
Prosecutors with the Iowa Attorney General's Office will seek to convince jurors that Seth Techel killed Lisa Techel in May 2012, and has lied about what happened ever since.
They say that he shot her while she was sleeping in their trailer home in Agency, Iowa, and then waited several minutes before dialing 911.
Seth Techel says he was in the shower when he heard a gunshot and found his wife dead in their bed. His lawyers say investigators botched the case and didn't look at other suspects.
Both sides failed to win over all 12 jurors at two previous trials, which ended in mistrials due to hung juries.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases