WEST BURLINGTON, IA (AP) - Authorities say a 12-year-old has been shot in a rural part of Des Moines County.
The Des Moines County Sheriff's Office says deputies were dispatched to the scene around 5:10 p.m. Tuesday.
The child was taken to Great River Medical Center in West Burlington and then transferred to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. The child's name hasn't been released.
No arrests have been reported. The shooting is still being investigated.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather