WEST BURLINGTON, IA (AP) - Authorities say a 12-year-old has been shot in a rural part of Des Moines County.
The Des Moines County Sheriff's Office says deputies were dispatched to the scene around 5:10 p.m. Tuesday.
The child was taken to Great River Medical Center in West Burlington and then transferred to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. The child's name hasn't been released.
No arrests have been reported. The shooting is still being investigated.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.