CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - The owner of a lingerie store in a Cedar Rapids strip mall has lost an appeal of a city decision and must remove sexually oriented adult items from her inventory.
The Gazette reports that the city's Board of Adjustment voted 5-0 on Monday to deny Patricia Edmonds' appeal of a decision by the city's Building Services Division. It had classified her shop as an "adult entertainment establishment" that sold items that could be sold only in adult establishments allowed in only specific areas of the city.
Edmonds had acknowledged selling sexually oriented items, including adult magazines, videos and sex toys that sit behind a walled-off area at the rear of the store.
On Monday Edmonds said she'll appeal the board's decision in court.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls