CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - The owner of a lingerie store in a Cedar Rapids strip mall has lost an appeal of a city decision and must remove sexually oriented adult items from her inventory.
The Gazette reports that the city's Board of Adjustment voted 5-0 on Monday to deny Patricia Edmonds' appeal of a decision by the city's Building Services Division. It had classified her shop as an "adult entertainment establishment" that sold items that could be sold only in adult establishments allowed in only specific areas of the city.
Edmonds had acknowledged selling sexually oriented items, including adult magazines, videos and sex toys that sit behind a walled-off area at the rear of the store.
On Monday Edmonds said she'll appeal the board's decision in court.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser