BURLINGTON, Iowa (AP) - An 18-year-old from southeast Iowa has pleaded guilty to allegations that he threatened to kill a teacher.
The Hawk Eye reports that Jesse Lewis, of Burlington, made the plea Monday to a misdemeanor charge of harassment.
Judge Michael Schilling ordered Lewis to remain in jail pending $12,000 bail and set a sentencing date of March 4.
Lewis faces sentencing on the harassment conviction and faces the judge's decision on whether to imprison Lewis for violating terms of his probation. On Jan. 28 Lewis was sentenced to probation on a theft conviction. Authorities say Lewis threatened the teacher at Burlington Alternative High School just three days later, on Jan. 31.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity