MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - A lawsuit accusing Mason City Community Schools of doing nothing to protect a teenage student from bullying has been dismissed.
The Mason City Globe Gazette reports that the lawsuit filed by Heather Conti on behalf of her 17-year-old daughter was dismissed Thursday. Online court records indicate a Cerro Gordo County District judge granted the school district's motion for summary judgment.
The lawsuit says that during the 2010-11 school year, Angelina Conti suffered harassment that was "detrimental to her physical and mental health and substantially interfered with her academic performance."
The lawsuit also says Angelina Conti received text messages and an early morning phone call threatening her with violence.
The Contis say they filed a police report, but the harassment continued.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice
- Fiberglass fire causes neighborhood evacuation
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race