ELKADER, Iowa (AP) - The body of a missing elderly man has been pulled from the Turkey River in northeast Iowa.
Cedar Rapids station KCRG reports that Clayton County deputies took a report early Sunday morning about the missing man.
Deputies found tire marks going into a ditch and then into the river near Ten Mile Bridge on Chariot Road. A vehicle and the body of the missing man were found in the river later Sunday morning.
The man's name and other details about the incident haven't been released.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game