ELKADER, Iowa (AP) - The body of a missing elderly man has been pulled from the Turkey River in northeast Iowa.
Cedar Rapids station KCRG reports that Clayton County deputies took a report early Sunday morning about the missing man.
Deputies found tire marks going into a ditch and then into the river near Ten Mile Bridge on Chariot Road. A vehicle and the body of the missing man were found in the river later Sunday morning.
The man's name and other details about the incident haven't been released.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas