DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - A new audit shows a clerk for a small southeast Iowa city overpaid herself more than $15,000 over several years.
State Auditor David Vaudt's report released Friday on the city of Stockport's finances between July 2007 and October 2011 shows Beverly Runyon overpaid herself in biweekly payroll checks. She recorded her net pay on scraps of paper that often showed she worked double the amount of hours she was authorized to work.
The report also says the city overpaid into Runyon's retirement system and Social Security because of the unauthorized payroll.
Runyon was terminated in October 2011. A public number for her could not be located.
The report has been sent to investigators and prosecutors for review.
Stockport is in Van Buren County and has a population of 300 people.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure